Healthy meals don’t have to be boring and you need to be creative. Here are things that you should do:
- Cut creatively: This is an effective method if you want to feed your children with healthy ingredients. You should cut baked sweet potato and vegetables in interesting way. You should know what sizes and shapes of food that your children prefer. To make it easier for children and adults to eat, you can cut vegetables and fruits to bite-sized shapes. Cuts should be small enough so people don’t have to double dip into sauce. There are tools that can help you to make spiral size easily, which will be interesting children.
- Prepare tasty dressings, sauces and dips: Condiments are notorious for adding extra calories to your meal. However, you can create low-calories dressings, sauces and dips that add extra flavours and nutrients to your meal. Look for healthy ingredients for making your sauces. Control the amount of sugar and salt in your sauces. It’s a good idea to add spices to make your sauces tastier. There are many recipes online that can help you to make low calories sauces. Olive oil and sunflower oil can be used to make dressings for your salad. Just try to be creative with your recipe.
- Try new ingredients: There are many healthy ingredients that you can add to your meal. Look for unusual vegetables and fruits that you haven’t tried previously. You should be able to find more than a few exotic things in the local Asian market. Do online research to know what you can do with these ingredients. As an example, in some Asian recipes, fruits can be added to meals. As an example, pineapple would be great when added into sweet sour sauce. If you follow the instruction online, it will be hard to mess up. Again, you should be creative and try not to limit yourself.
- Eat seasonally: Eating seasonally should be good for your health and your wallet. You should focus on using produce and ingredients that are seasonally abundant in your area. As an example, pumpkin and corn can be available in large quantity during the time of harvest. You can make them as your primary source of healthy carbohydrate, instead of using white bread and potato. You can try different recipes to utilize the ingredient in main meals and desserts. As an example, small cubes of pumpkins can be added to stew as thickening agent. Corn could also be used in various healthy desserts.
- Use a lot of spices and herbs: Adding spices and fresh herbs can make something ordinary into exceptional. As an example, a typical greens salad can taste entire different if you add coriander, parsley, dill, mint or some fresh basil. If you are not sure, try to experiment in a small plate and add a new ingredient one by one. Choose the one that best matches your interest. Spices from North Africa and Asia could also add a whole new dimension to your meal. Just adding a pinch can make a huge change.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login